Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Keeping A Journal

I have found that keeping a journal has really helped me through tough times. Journals are a good thing to pass on to family members but I also believe that journals can sometimes be a place of personal revelation. There will be nights where I will write something that doesn't totally make any sense to me but later on down the road, whether it be that next week or a year from now I have always found when I read my journals over and over I learn something new from them every time.

A journal is also a good place to vent. When I vent in my journal I find that I am less frustrated at the world, my children, and anyone else who might be in my life. I am less likely to take my angrier out at people when I have written in my journal consistently. I keep a journal at my side constantly and have come to use it very regularly just to make sure I write everything I am feeling so that my children will read it some day and say, " Oh mom went through the same thing I am going through now. Oh good I am not alone."

A journal is also a place to write your memories. When I am done I love to read parts of my journal that have brought me the greatest joy or the happiest times in my life. I love my journal. When I write in my journal I feel like I have at least one person to talk to at all times.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'd like to be better at writing things down. How do you find the time? Do you have any good tips? I've tried writing little bits of something so i can remember to write about it but then it takes so long to get all down that I want to write about( once I finally get around to it)

Jen said...

i'm tagging you!!!
go to my blog to see what to do