Monday, February 16, 2009

I Am Just Rambling

Wow! My baby is already a week old and weighs more then he did when we left the hospital. We weighed him this morning and he weighs 9 pounds and about 3 ounces. We did this on our home scale but I am pretty sure that it is accurate. Most of the time babies weigh their birth weight at two weeks but with the way he eats I am sure he will weigh ten pounds before his next doctor's appointment.

What a week it has been. If it weren't for all the walks around the block and all the family stopping by I believe that I would be more hormonal then I have been. This baby all in all is a blessing. He nurses so much better then the other two did and so far (knock on wood), he sleeps better at night. We have finally worked out the kinks in his tummy so he doesn't smell so bad but now he likes to mess his outfit two or three times a day. He is such a well mannered kid. His siblings look to drop things on him and get right up in his face and talk loud and he takes it. That is a blessing. I am glad that the first week is over and now I can start putting my family back into a routine. My children have really been shakin up with the new baby because Aaron takes up so much of mommy's time that they don't know how to take it. I try to explain to them that it is only a matter of time that things will get better and mommy will find a balance. But how much does a three year old and two year old understand. All they know is another person has come into our life and mommy is a little more tired and stressed then she was before. Now that we are on a better time line things can start to slowly be readjusted and mommy can find a balance that will help remind my children that I do love them.

I am so glad that the weather has been great because I have been able to take all my children outside and go walking. How I have missed warm weather and being able to walk around our beautiful neighborhood. I love Overlake. I think all the myths on mother's staying down after their baby is born to recover is a load of bull. I think the only way to keep baby blues down and the postpartum out is by getting up and start doing a little each day. Of course you should rest but too much laying around can take toll. You have too much time to dwell on unhappy thoughts and Satan thrives on us being unhappy. Walking is the best way to help clear your head and keep the thoughts happy. I am all for keep out the dark unwanted feelings. Being a mother is hard but it is such a joy when our hearts and heads are clear of unhappy feelings and when we take care of ourselves. I love being a mom.

3 comments:

Vae Gannon said...

Sounds like things are going well for y'all. Sorry I didn't make it up there on Sunday to visit.

The Larsen's said...

I totally agree with you. I'm glad that things are going well for you and your family after the first week. My boys love Hayden just like your two kids love Aaron. Hope things continue to go well. Good luck! I love being a mom too.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you! :) Hope you and baby are doing great! :)